It’s February already and there’s a lot to expect this month. It’s not just the Chinese New Year when almost everyone is preparing for the three-week long Chinese Holidays. There’s one more thing that people are preparing for (particularly for those who are in love, who are young, and those who are young at heart). It’s Valentine’s Day! And most drop shippers will take much pain to analyze the items they can sell this Valentine’s. However, let’s proceed with it step-by-step 🙂
Believe it or not but February brings people to spend and they are ready for it. Love can move mountains and indeed love can boost your sales this month of hearts. Here are some cold facts.
Average spending on Valentine’s Day 2020 hit 27.4 billion in the United State. While in 2019, this sum was smaller – 20.7 billion.
In addition, the average spend per person grew to 196.31$ in 2020. For comparison, in 2019 it was 161,96$ and in 2018, 143,36$ according to NRF.
Taking this tendency of growth together with the eCommerce boom in 2020, which was influenced by the Covid-19 impact, Saint Valentines 2021 presents an opportunity to the eCommerce sellers to boost sales.
Don’t wait for success to come. Hire yourself and start your own dropshipping business
The Most Popular Valentine’s Day Gift As Per Record
So what should you sell on Valentine’s day? Let’s take a look at the most popular Valentine’s Day gifts in the United States that you should consider selling in your store.
The site giftideasunwrapped.com came up with an infographic that features the most popular gifts and San Valentines’s Day spending of 2020. This information will help to decide what to sell on Valentine’s Day in 2021:
Top Spending on Valentine’s Gift 2020
The National Retail Federation (NRF) came up with the key consumer spending trends on Valentine’s day in 2020. Based on their data, the top spending categories on Valentine’s Day 2020 show that Jewelry ($5.8 billion of all spendings) tops the list of the most spent by category on for Valentine’s day gifts, followed by an evening out ($4.3 billion), flowers ($2.3 billion), clothing ($2.9 billion), and candy ($2.4 billion). Despite the popularity of candy, Jewelry takes the lead due to the difference in its price where one piece of jewelry could be equivalent to 10 (or more) candies.
What else people bought for a gift in 2020?
You would be surprised! Only 52% of people bought a present for their “special” person in 2020. According to giftideasunwrapped.com, the rest spent money on their family members, friends, their children’s classmates ad teachers, coworkers, and even pets. 27% of people said they would buy a gift for valentine’s day for their pets (for a total of 1.7 billion).
Not yet making money online?
Start your own dropshipping business. Sign up for a free trial to DSM Tool and we’ll help you get started. Today is the day.
Top Five Items To Add To Your Store to Sell on This Valentine’s
1. Candies and Chocolates. Yes, you can dropship candies and chocolates. In fact, there are several dropship suppliers in this category. Wholesale Discounters is among a few of those who provide a great list of chocolate and confectionary dropshippers. In fact, Google is a great place to look for the best suppliers in chocolate and confectionary items.
2. Greeting cards. There are many greeting cards resources that you can sell online. With Print-on-demand systems high on the rise, you can find a reliable source to send out great artistic greeting cards (even greeting card designs you created by yourself). Wondering where to start? Check out Lemonade Stand featured articles on print-on-demand suppliers.
3. Flowers. What’s Valentines’ day without flowers? There are a number of people ordering flowers to be delivered right at their preferred address. And yes it’s like dropshipping for flowers and you too can jump in and offer flowers for sale, readily delivered to the customer’s preferred address. You’ll probably be surprised that Alibaba offers fresh flower dropshipping.
4. Jewelry. Many men are making Valentine’s day extra special for their loved ones. And yes, jewelry gifts are on the rise this month. So go ahead and add some jewelry to your online retails store. Wondering where to get jewelry suppliers for your online dropshipping business? Research has its perks and here’s a good place to start – Dropship Jewelry for your Online Store.
5. Gift Cards. Coming up with an idea of what to give someone on Valentine’s day with such a wide range of options to choose from can be really confusing. Thus, many people opt to give gift cards. According to Innowavemarketing.com gift cards ranks as the #1 choice that people want as a gift. It’s a wise choice for dropshippers too. Gift cards are definitely a great add-on to your store.
The bottom line is that people are ready to spend on Valentine’s day. And it’s among the most lucrative times of the year. As a dropshipper, you should prepare your online retail store. Sell what people are looking for.