Well it all started out with the desire to start my own business and to make more money for myself and my family. Desire is the starting point of every achievement.
I did a lot of research online. I read eBooks and watched YouTube videos on the topic before i jumped in.
Target, Walmart, Home Depot are my favorite but I’ve used several others as well. These sources have a wide variety to choose from. The have good enough customer service and facilitate returns well.
If drop shipping arbitrage is using online retailers as the main supplier, then I have never done anything outside of that form of dropshipping. It was how I got started and I just continued. There was no monthly fees which i think is the best advantage to the other type.
Title Optimization with relevant keywords. The DSM keyword listing tool is a great help. I also price competitively when I can but I never operate at a loss. Product description also helps with ranking if they are well written.
Where do you go to learn more about drop shipping?
I still watch other dropshippers on YouTube to learn from them. I have also started my very own mastermind group to learn from other people. And lastly, I subscribe to the DSM newsletter. It’s a great source for learning.
It’s easy to start and ecommerce is growing. This means that a lot of opportunity for ecommerce merchants. A lot of people thing ecommerce is saturated but in actuality, it’s in it’s infancy.
I would’ve started sooner. I think I took too much time trying to acquire knowledge and even then I still made mistakes along the way. The best way to learn is by experience.
What are your hobbies and skills?
A lot of my socialite friends think I’m a weirdo because… while they are out having fun, I will be home reading a book, listening to audiobooks or just playing with my son. I also love soccer even though I don’t get to play anymore. I love sports and that’s probably the only thing I watch on TV. My skills include building complex models using Microsoft excel. I’m an expert at excel. I’m also a business analyst by profession. I am a marketer and a thinker. But quite frankly, I think my best skill is my ability to THINK and CONCENTRATE.
Don’t try to learn too much of the unnecessary stuff. This will cause information overload. Learn how to find out what’s important and what is not.
Check out this great guide Kirk made for working with DSM tool!
- Shai is the editor of DSMagazine and our marketing expert. His eBay account is open since 2011, and he just moved out of Thailand after living there for 5 years to travel the world with his laptop. Also, he firmly believes in single-tasking. (P.S, He can speak Hebrew, English, and Thai!)
- News2018.06.182018 eBay Summer Seller Update – Understanding what’s going on
- News2018.06.17Featuring Paul J Lipsky – a true Drop shipping Titan
- Tips2018.06.12Stories of a digital nomad – Our head of marketing in Milan & Berlin
- News2018.06.05Featuring Kirk Buchanan – drop shipping expert and YouTube sensation