To start with, as a dropshipping seller or generally an online seller of retail products, Black Friday is the main event of the best selling season of the year, also known as the sales season, the holiday season or simply Q4. It holds massive opportunities for dropshipping no matter if you dropship on eBay and source from other websites, dropship on Shopify products you source from private suppliers or sell on Amazon your own private label.
So what should you sell on Black Friday? Actually, it depends on what your business model is. Below you will find a full list of brands and product ideas. Naturally, you can use them as an inspiration to look for related products if you dropship and can’t sell those brands, or ideas for the best selling Black Friday items to source for wholesale.
Moreover, in this article we will first go over what is this holiday, some common questions and facts about it to better understand the phenomena, then we will dive deeper into ideas about what to sell in Black Friday 2020.
Black Friday Common Questions
Why do they call it Black Friday?
Once originated in Philadelphia and spread worldwide, Black Friday is an informal name for the day after Thanksgiving in the USA. First of all, there is a popular explanation about Black Friday’s origins. It says that the term was used to describe the chaotic pedestrian and vehicle traffic that created traffic accidents and in some cases even violence. To clarify, it was so heavy and disruptive that the policemen dubbed the day “Black Friday.”
Furthermore, according to another widely believed theory, the retail stores were lucky to hold major sales taking advantage of the massive shopping. Most importantly, this day represented the point in the year when retailers often tip their annual store profits into “the black,” thus meaning out of “the red.”
For dropshipping sellers, Black Friday is an opportunity to take part in this shopping celebration as the conversion rate is higher on that day, simply because people are shopping more. It takes preparation, of course, but you’re not alone. From small dropshippers to huge retailers, everyone is learning more about this great event and preparing a plan for it exactly these days to optimize the number of sales they generate on the holiday itself.
When is it celebrated?
To start with, this year, Black Friday falls on November 29. However, at some stores, it really starts a few days earlier. In short, great anticipation for deals makes retailers launch their sales before the real event. For instance, you can follow Walmart Autumn Deals 2020. Besides, don’t miss Dell’s Black Friday Sneak Peek sale that kicked off on November 1!
What are Black Friday sales?
So in a shopping context, the term suggests that this day used to be an unofficial beginning of the holiday shopping season. However, now, the biggest sales days also include Thanksgiving day, Green Monday and Cyber Monday.
In the dropshipping context, these are pure opportunities for discounted product sourcing and selling those products for a higher price either on eBay, Shopify or Amazon.
Based on the Spendmehot statistics, 93.2 million buyers (40%) were shopping online last year. This number is expected to grow to 61% in 2020. The total sum of spendings grew to $7.4 billion in 2019 from 6.2 billion in 2018. ECommerce growth and closing of the numerous physical stores due to Covid-19 will make Black Friday 2020 definitely different. So will the upcoming shopping holiday 2020 beat the results of the last year? Soon, we’ll see!
Black Friday brought in $6.2 billion in online sales, that means growth of 23.6% year over year. – Forbes
Thus, what’s the busiest shopping day of the year?
Black Friday 2020 is expected to be the busiest shopping day of the year. However, Forbes assures that it won’t be as busy as in the past, even though the shopping days are still important. Seems like the days when the malls will be the most crowded now matter more to stores than shoppers. In this regard, even more, than ever, it is extremely important for the dropshippers to know about the Black Friday top selling items for dropship!
How long do Black Friday sales last?
Albeit the name suggests it’s a single day, Black Friday sales usually last at least a few days. This year, it lands officially on November 29. However, the sale starts early and lasts the entire week, culminating with Cyber Monday.
As The Mirror reports Amazon has already confirmed that their Black Friday deals will start at 00:01 on November 22, 2020, that’s a week before the designated date!
So if you’re one of those busy retailers preparing for the big shopping event, probably you wonder what are the Black Friday top selling items. At the same time, many shoppers are interested in what kind of bargain they can bag this year in the traditional and e-commerce stores.
How to prepare an e-commerce store for Black Friday
Whether you are running a store on your own website using Shopify or Woocommerce, or if you are selling on a marketplace such as Amazon or eBay, preparation is the key for a successful Black Friday.
- In the first place, prepare a list of the deals you are planning to offer. If you need, adjust your prices to be able to provide a higher discount rate. Schedule your promotions or create a plan how to manually do it on that day.
- In the second place, create promotional content: It’s not enough to decide what to promote, you also need to optimize your titles if you sell on a marketplace or create specifically Black Friday related ads if you pay for advertising.
- In the third place, optimize your store: If you are selling on a marketplace like eBay or Amazon, make sure your listings are mobile-friendly (or use eBay mobile-friendly templates). Same for your own website (Shopify and Woo). Optimize your website for faster browsing
- In the fourth place, create cross-selling opportunities: add to your store related products to increase the chance that if someone already entered the store – they will find what they look for. Here is an example of finding related products for dropshipping for a Shopify store:
To sum up, these are only 4 out of many other things you could potentially do to prepare yourself and your store for Black Friday and in general the sales season. Yet, the idea here is to make you think and start to actually prepare.
Mobile-friendly e-commerce store ready for Black Friday
By the way, did you know that most shoppers do online shopping with their phones and there is a tendency showing the number of mobile buyers increasing every year? For this reason, let me share with you some proof of the fact that digital plays a bigger role in retailing.
Mobile devices accounted for 67% of all digital traffic on Black Friday, up from 61% on the same day last year, and secured the most orders at 49% order share. – Forbes
Is your e-commerce store ready for new visitors mobile-friendly?
Are you ready for Black Friday 2020?
And here we start! How to prepare your dropshipping store for the big day and, most importantly, what items to sell in your store? This article will give you answers on everything you need to know about Black Friday 2020 deals and sales!
It is important to say that what to sell is also much related to your business model. For example, eBay and Shopify dropshipping sellers usually don’t sell branded products – so you guys should look for products that are related to those best sellers. Those of you who are more focused on wholesaling can benefit from this list directly sourcing those specific brands and making the most of that day.
Where To Buy On Black Friday 2020?
Now that Halloween is over, Thanksgiving is almost here, and with it, Black Friday. Big-box retailers like Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart, Target, HomeDepot, and many big retailers and dropshippers participate in this busy shopping event.
The biggest retailers have updated already their sites for Black Friday 2020. They launched special sections with discounts for the hot products.
Use this opportunity to look through them to get to know the best selling items for 2020. There you can get hints on what to sell during the Christmas holidays and big sales season.
If you are dropshipping to different eBay marketplaces, almost all dropshipping suppliers offer special deals for the Black Friday sales event.
What is Black Friday on Aliexpress?
After the biggest sales day of the year, Aliexpress 11.11., that takes place on the 11th of November, one of the biggest Chinese suppliers joins other retailers and wholesalers and throws Black Friday discounts. The Black Friday 2020 on Aliexpress starts on November 23. Many Aliexpress sellers have already prepared the special deals for this day.
You can find the deals and special offers in the special section that calls Black Friday Fest. There you will get an idea about the hottest Aliexpress products.
Go there to the Codes section to get the codes for the discounts for certain Aliexpress popular items.
Top Items To Sell On Black Friday 2020
To start with, let’s refresh our memory about the items that were predicted to be sold like hotcakes in 2019. They were HDTVs, 4K OLED TVs, video game consoles and bundles, smartphones, laptops, tablets, clothing and apparel, toys and games and many more.
Wanna check your ability to understand and feel the market trends? 😉 If so, before reading the items ideas section, share your predictions for 2020 in the comments below!👇
So what’s a good rule of thumb for Black Friday? It’s a great time to sell newer, big-ticket items (and their related-products, of course), as well as the best day to shop in stores. I mean, after all, you are not only a seller but potentially also a buyer enjoying awesome deals, right?
While Black Friday used to be centered mainly around tech before, now we are seeing savings across multiple different other categories, from clothing and beauty to supermarket and household goods!
Interested in great deals this year and the Black Friday top selling items to dropship? The fact is that many websites recommend paying attention to the following categories if you want the best offers during this huge annual shopping event of 2020. The research showed that the electronics are dropping in price the best on Black Friday. If you think about what to sell on Black Friday, you can pay attention to this list:
- Smartphones (Apple, Samsung, Google Pixel)
- Headphones & Speakers (Bose, Beats, JBL, Sennheiser, Corsair)
- Laptops & Tablets (Apple, Samsung, Microsoft Surface, HP, Acer, Dell, Fire)
- TVs (Vizio, Samsung, Sharp, Hisense, LG, Sceptre, Sony, TCL)
- Smart Home Devices (Google Home, Samsung, Sonos, Apple Home, Shark, Lenovo, iRobot, Amazon Echo)
- Gaming Consoles & Video Games (PS4, Xbox One X, Xbox One S, Nintendo Switch)
- Kitchen & Household Appliances (Instant Pot, Insignia, Hamilton, De’Longhi, Bosch, Dyson, Samsung, LG)
- Smart Watches (Apple, Garmin, Fossil)
- Professional Cameras (Canon, Nikon, Panasonic, Fujifilm)
Above all, guess what? Yes, smartphones! Many new smartphones debut in the upcoming months, including the iPhone 12 and Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Lite, so customers worldwide expect to see many offers across the big brand phones. Hence, some marketplaces offer free months of Apple Music or one free month of iCloud storage for new subscribers as a bonus in case of purchasing the unlocked iPhones. What is more, Samsung and Google Pixel are to offer their best deals as well!
In fact, some marketplaces offer free months of Apple Music for new subscribers in case of purchasing the unlocked iPhones. Unsplash.com
- Apple iPhone XR (Unlocked)
- Apple iPhone XS (Unlocked)
- Apple iPhone XS Max (Unlocked)
- Apple iPhone 11 (Unlocked)
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro (Unlocked)
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max (Unlocked)
- Samsung Galaxy S20 (Unlocked)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 (Unlocked)
- Google Pixel 4a with 64GB Cell Phone (Unlocked)
- Google Pixel XL (Unlocked, 128GB, Renewed)
Despite the fact that Apple’s AirPods as wireless earbuds continue to rule the headphone market, we see a great variety of other wireless devices and speakers presented this year. Hence, Bose, Beats, JBL, Sennheiser, and Corsair are among them.
- Apple AirPods Pro
- Bose SoundSport In-Ear Android Headphones
- Bose QuietComfort 35 Wireless Headphones II
- Bose Solo 5 TV Bluetooth Soundbar System
- Bose Soundwear Companion Wireless Wearable Speaker
- Bose SoundTouch 300 Wireless Streaming Soundbar
- Bose Home Speaker
- JBL Flip 4 Waterproof Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Beats Powerbeats3 Wireless Earphones
- Beats Studio3 Wireless Headphones
- Beats Buy Dr. Dre Beats Studio3 Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones
- JLab Audio JBuds Air True Wireless Earbud Headphones
- Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 3 Speaker
- Sennheiser HD 4.50 SE Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones
- Corsair K68 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- Samsung Galaxy Buds
- UE Boom 2
- Amazon Echo Dot (3rd Gen)
- Amazon Eco Auto
Other discounts we predict will be featured are laptops mostly presented by Apple, Samsung, Microsoft Surface, HP, Acer, Dell and tablets that still keep ground like Apple and Fire.
- Apple MacBook Air 13.3-inch laptop
- Apple iPad (6th Gen) 128GB Wi-Fi
- Apple 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi (64GB)
- Apple iPad 10.2 (32GB)
- 9.7-inch Apple iPad
- Samsung 11.6-inch Chromebook
- Microsoft Surface Pro 7
- Microsoft Surface Go, Intel Pentium
- Lenovo IdeaPad 1 14-inch laptop
- Lenovo Ideapad S145 15.6″ Laptop
- Lenovo IdeaPad 330s
- Lenovo 2-in-1 Chromebook
- HP 14 Slim Ryzen 3 3200U
- HP 14 Laptop
- Acer Aspire 1 Laptop
- Gigabyte Aero 5-inch Ultra Slim Gaming Laptop
- Fire HD 8
- Fire HD 8 Kids Edition
- Fire 7 Tablet
- Fire 7 Kids Edition Tablet
- Fire HD 10 Tablet
- Dell Inspiron Chromebook 11 2-in-1 Laptop
- Dell XPS 15 Laptop
- Dell Inspiron 15.6-inch Laptop
- HUION New 1060 Plus Graphic Drawing Tablet
- Kindle Paperwhite Essentials Bundle
For the reason that HD TVs and 4K TVs hit the market last year, they are still expected to hold the top spot in 2020 with huge deals to offer, namely brands like Vizio, Samsung, Sharp, Hisense, LG, Sceptre, Sony, TCL, and others.
- Vizio 50-inch M-Series Quantum 4K TV
- Roku Premiere 4K
- TCL 55-inch 6 Series 4K TV
- TCL 65″ Roku Smart 4K UHD HDR TV
- Samsung 65″ 4K Smart LED TV
- Samsung Curved 65-inch 4K Smart LED TV (2018)
- Samsung 75-inch NU6900 TV
- Samsung 65-inch NU6900 TV
- Samsung 43-inch 6 Series TV
- Samsung Flat 43-Inch QLED 4K Q60 Series Ultra HD Smart TV
- Sceptre 65-inch 4K Ultra HD TV
- RCA 50-inch 4K Ultra HD Roku Smart TV
- Hisense 58-inch 4K Ultra HD Android Smart TV
- LG 55-inch Nano 9 Series Smart 4K UHD TV
- Sony 65-inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV
- Sony 55-inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV
- Sharp 58-inch 4K Ultra HD Android Smart TV
- Fire TV Cube
- New Toshiba 43-inch Smart 4K UHD with Dolby Vision
This year, lots of stores will be featuring deals for smart home devices due to fact that they are extremely popular nowadays. So if you’re interested in upgrading your home with these appliances soon, check the deals now. Of course, you don’t need to wait until Black Friday to find your perfect offer!
- Google Home Mini
- Google Home Mini 2 pack (chalk)
- Samsung SmartThings
- Google Home Smart Speaker
- Sonos One Smart Speaker with Alexa
- ChefSteps Joule Sous Vide
- Apple HomeKit
- Apple HomePod
- Shark Ion Robot Vacuum Cleaning System
- Lenovo Smart Display
- Google Smart Light Starter Kit
- Ring Video Doorbell Pro and Chime Pro Bundle with free Echo Show 5
- Ring Stick Up Cam with two-way talk, Works with Alexa
- Fire TV Cube, hands-free with Alexa built-in, 4K Ultra HD
- Blink Mini – Compact Indoor Plug-in Smart Security Camera
- Arlo Pro 2 Indoor/Outdoor Wireless 1080p Security Camera System
- Eufy RoboVac 30 Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- iRobot Roomba 960 Robot Vacuum with Wi-Fi
- iRobot Roomba 675 Wi-Fi Connected Robot Vacuum
- iRobot Roomba i7+
- Shark ION Robot Vacuum AV751 Wi-Fi Connected
- Amazon Echo (2nd Gen)
- Amazon Echo Dot
- Amazon Echo Dot (3rd Gen) Smart Speaker
- Amazon Echo Show 5
- Amazon Echo Show
- Nest Thermostat
- Kasa Smart Plug by TP-Link
Other deals predicted to be featured in 2020 are consoles and video games, including PS4, Xbox One X, Xbox One S and Nintendo Switch. That’s why keep your eyes open for really good deals and bundles this Black Friday!
- Microsoft Xbox One X 1TB Console
- Microsoft Xbox One S bundles
- Microsoft Xbox One S 1TB All Digital Edition
- Nintendo Switch Console with Choice of Game Bundle
- NBA 2K20, 2K, PlayStation 4
- Blue Microphones Blackout Yeti + Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint streamer bundle
- AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Octa-Core Desktop Processor + free Borderlands 3/The Outer Worlds Bundle Standard Edition and 3-month membership to Xbox Game Pass for PC
In fact, having an Instant Pot in your home is like owning about eight kitchen appliances in one. Don’t miss it! Therefore, different kitchen and household appliances is just another large group of items worth adding to your store!
- Ninja Coffee Bar System
- Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine
- Instant Pot 8-Qt. Pressure Cooker
- Instant Pot Duo Nova 7-in-1 Pressure Cooker
- Instant Pot LUX60 V3 6-in-1 Pressure Cooker
- Instant Pot Smart Wifi 6-Qt Pressure Cooker
- Insignia 6-Quart Multi-Function Pressure Cooker
- Hamilton Beach Microwave Oven
- Hamilton Beach 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker
- COSORI Air Fryer Max XL
- MOOSOO Electric Gooseneck Kettle with Variable Temperature Control & Presets
- Crock-Pot 2097588 10-Qt. Express Crock Multi-Cooker
- GE 1.7 cu. ft. Over the Range Microwave
- Maytag 5.3 cu. ft. High-Efficiency White Top Load Washing Machine
- Bosch 100 Series Top Control Tall Tub Dishwasher
- Chefman TurboFry 3.7qt/3.5L Analog Air Fryer
- Farberware 3.2-Quart Digital Oil-Less Fryer
- Power 3 Qt Air Fryer
- Keurig K-Mini
- KitchenAid Classic Plus 4.5 Quart Tilt-Head Stand Mixer
- Nespresso by De’Longhi Lattissima Touch Espresso Machine
- Dyson Cyclone V10 Animal Pro Cordless Stick Vacuum
- Dyson V7 Motorhead Cordless Vacuum
- Dyson Cyclone V10 Vacuum Cleaner
- Samsung 8-Cycle High-Efficiency Front-Loading Washer
- Samsung 2.2 Cu. Ft. 14-Cycle Front-Loading Washer with Steam
- LG 7.3 CU Ft. 14-Cycle Electric Dryer with Steam
- LG 5.2 Cu Ft. 12-Cycle Super Capacity Top Load Washer and LG 7.3 Cu. Ft. 14-Cycle Electric Dryer with Steam
Do you know that smart watches are still staying in demand? Thus, Apple, Garmin and Fossil are hopefully going to be offering good deals on Black Friday 2020!
- Apple Watch Nike Plus Series 5 GPS (40mm)
- Apple Watch Series 4 GPS + Cellular (40mm)
- Apple Watch Series 5 (GPS)
- Apple Watch Series 6 (GPS)
- Samsung galaxy Fit
- Samsung galaxy watch 3
- Garmin Fenix 5X
- Garmin Vivoactive 4
- Garmin Instinct Smartwatch with GPS
- Fossil Sport 41mm smartwatch
- Fossil Men’s Gen 4 Explorist HR Stainless Steel Touchscreen Smartwatch
- Fitbit Versa Smartwatch
- Goros Apex
- Fitbit Inspire HR
Finally, no wonder that there is always a steady demand for professional cameras. What is more, taking pictures with instant cameras has become a trend several years ago. Therefore, these compelling reasons provide strong evidence to predict the deals for the following goods by Canon, Nikon, Panasonic, and Fujifilm.
- Canon EOS Rebel T7i DSLR Two Lens Kit
- Canon Rebel T6 DSLR bundle
- Canon Vixia HF R82 Digital Camcorder Bundle
- Nikon D3500 DSLR Two Lens Kit
- Fujifilm Instax Mini 9 mega-bundle
- Panasonic Lumix GX85 Camera with 12-32mm and 45-150mm Lens Bundle
- Polaroid Originals OneStep 2 VF Instant Film Cameras, Mint (9007)
By the way, more information on Black Friday deals thoughtfully collected for you by Insider Picks team can be found here as well as the best deals from famous retailers, such as Walmart, Amazon, Target, Best Buy, The Home Depot, and Nordstrom.
Thus, iPads, Apple Watch, Xbox and much more… Have already picked out your Black Friday top selling items to dropship? If you are dropshipping on eBay, don’t forget to make sure the product doesn’t violate eBay VeRo. Not forget to add a few Coronavirus related products. They are still relevant to shoppers.
To conclude, every year we expect great deals and unprecedented discounts to be granted by the largest retailers and big brands. This means that you as a seller can benefit by joining the trend by offering interesting discounts on related products. The question is what are the preferences and purchasing power of the buyers this year? Anyway, we already know that consumers are still thinking about technology first nowadays. That means all we can do now is wish good luck to everybody! Good shopping deals and happy selling!